Being a food writer I have been fortunate to dine in some amazing restaurants around the Vancouver area, many of my meals were good but the ones on this list were extraordinary in all senses. Much of the kudos to these memorable meals goes to the chefs as noted!
1) Argentinean Dinner at the Waldorf Hotel with Chef Rodolfio Sanchez
2) Chefs Tasting Menu at Cork & Fin with Chef Elliott Hashimoto
3) RIPE The Feast fundraiser for Vancouver Farmers Markets.
4) Spring Menu Tasting at Market by Jean-Georges
5) Persian New Year Dinner at The Apron with Chef Hamid Salimian
6) Granville Island Brewmasters Dinner at the Sandbar with Chef William Tse
7) Dinner at Fraiche with Chef Jefferson Alvarez
8 ) Summer Menu Tasting Dinner at Fleuri Restaurant with Chef Michael Deutsch
9) Summer Menu Tasting at The Teahouse in Stanley Park
11) Dinner at Diva at the Met with Chef Hamid Salimian
12) Sandhill Winemakers Dinner at Fleuri Restaurant in the Sutton Place Hotel with Chef Michael Deutsch
Note: These are not in any ranking order.
By: Richard Wolak