I revisited Fleuri Restaurant in the Sutton Place Hotel last week for dinner to taste some of Executive Chef Michael Deutsch‘s new dishes! Some of the dishes in the 8 course tasting menu were new additions and some were old favourites.
To Start, Appetizers:
- Compressed Fruit Salad with Crispy cheese, creamy ravioli, dried feta
- Albacore Tuna, prawn noodle with crispy shallots, prawn cubes, hon shimeji mushrooms
- Lobster and hot Seafood salad, carrot sabayon, tarragon coulis
- Sablefish Pot Eufeu with micro vegetables, curried sweet potato, with clams
On the table for the Mains:
- Lemon Chicken Sous vide with Shitake Mushroom sauce, crab croqutte
- Braised Bison Flatiron, abalone mushrooms, beef tenderloin w/ red cabbage ketchup
On the table for Dessert:
- Berry Shortcake, raspberry taragon sorbet, white chocolate yogurt mouse, coconut chantilly
- Warm Apple Crumble Tart with Vanilla ice cream & caramel
Each dish was well presented and all were good. I have dined at Fleuri Restaurant on a few occasions previously, see one of my previous visits here.
Fleuri Restaurant is located in the Sutton Place Hotel 845 Burrard Street in Vancouver.
You can reserve by phone at 604-642-2900.
By: Richard Wolak