The culinary world descends on Vancouver the weekend of May 1 to 3 as the 13th annual EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival — taking place at venues throughout the city April 26 to May 3, 2015 — comes to a head at the three-day EAT! Vancouver at BC Place showcase.
Capping off an unprecedented eight-day celebration of the city’s vibrant culinary culture, EAT! Vancouver at BC Place offers attendees a unique opportunity to rub shoulders with celebrity chefs and restaurateurs, raise a glass with vintners, craft brewers and distillers, enjoy many family-friendly features, and sample truly exemplary cuisine provided by more than 250 restaurants, artisans and exhibitors all under one roof.
Some exciting events being held during the festival include,
Canadian Flavours Gala
EAT! Canada- Enjoy an evening with chefs from some of Canada’s best known restaurants showcasing delicious bites of Canadian cuisine paired with the spring releases from the Naramata Bench Wineries Association. An evening to celebrate Canadian food and wine. See complete details here.
SpeedRack Canada National Finals
Speed Rack- the Canadian Female Bartending competition with 100% proceeds supporting Breast Cancer is at EAT! Vancouver at BC Place May 2nd in the private banquet ballroom. Entry Gate A at BC Place Stadium. Watch as Canada’s best female bartenders compete for the coveted Speed Rack title and enjoy complimentary cocktails during the event. See complete details here.
Bao Bei / Edulis
For Vancouverites, this is a rare opportunity to dine with Michael Caballo and Tobey Nemeth as they join Chef Joël Watanabe at Vancouver’s own award-winning Bao Bei restaurant. See complete details here.
Burdock & Co. / CHARCUT
Canada’s top women chefs join forces for one night to highlight the fact that Canadian female chefs not only belong in the kitchen, they OWN the kitchen. See complete details here.
To end the festival, the weekend of May 1-3 sees EAT! Vancouver at BC Place that offers attendees a unique opportunity to rub shoulders with celebrity chefs and restaurateurs, raise a glass with vintners, craft brewers and distillers, enjoy many family-friendly features, and sample truly exemplary cuisine provided by more than 250 restaurants, artisans and exhibitors all under one roof.
- Intimate EAT! VIP Experiences, where a small number of participants will have the chance to interact with celebrity chef favourites Susur Lee, Mark McEwan andAnna Olson;
- The Talk & Taste Stage presented by Zwilling, where top chefs and culinary experts — Angus An, Ned Bell, Trevor Bird, Andrea Carlson, Jonathan Chovancek, Ryan O’Flynn, Lucais Syme, Joël Watanabe, Chris Whittaker and Wesley Young — will host demonstrations and tastings;
- The Canadian Food Artisan Pavilion sponsored by Edible Canada, which spotlights local culinary artisans and their products;
- Speed Rack, an international cocktail competition in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Society (BC/Yukon Region), featuring top female bartenders from coast to coast and brought to Canada for the first time by award-winning bartenders Lauren Mote and Dani Tatarin, along with Speed Rack’s Ivy Mix andLynnette Marrero;
- Healthy Living and Gluten-Free sponsored by Pomme Natural Market, featuring helpful tips for those with food sensitivities or following precise dietary paths including vegan, vegetarian and paleo;
- The Craft Beer Alley sponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild, featuring the best local craft beers, recognized globally for excellence;
- An On-site Legacy Liquor Store, where visitors can purchase their favourite beer, wine and spirits to enjoy at home.
- The Celebrity Chef Throwdown presented by Zwilling, where two-time Celebrity Chef Throwdown winner and Vancouver luminary Rob Feenie — along withCarolyn Ali (Georgia Straight), Erin Ireland (It’s To Die For) and Sophie Lui(Global TV) — will judge Beaucoup Bakery owner Jackie Kai Ellis, Food Network notable Anna Olson and Café Medina executive chef Jonathan Chovancek as they face off in a fun, fast-paced culinary fight to the finish line;
- The Celebrity Chef Stage, with cooking demonstrations by celebrated chefs such as Rob Feenie, Anna Olson, Mark McEwan, Susur Lee, Ned Bell, Vikram Vij and Michael P. Clive, as well as a special interactive cooking demonstration for kids and families by Dr. Greg Chan of SuperChefs Cookery for Kids;
- Cheese Seminars presented by the Dairy Farmers of Canada;
- The World Culinary Travel Expo sponsored by Global EAT;
- Culinary Classes presented by the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts (PICA);
- SIPS and the SIPS Stage presented by Legacy Liquor Store;
- Bites, featuring bite-sized tastings of cuisine from around the world.
General admission tickets for EAT! Vancouver at BC Place taking place May 1 to 3 are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com as well as on-site at Gate A.
Tickets for featured EAT! Vancouver at BC Place programming including VIP Chef Experiences, PICA Culinary Classes, Speed Rack and Talk & Taste Stage are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com and range from $7 to $95.
All EAT! Vancouver Dinners and Hands-on Workshops, as well as the Canadian Flavours Gala, Hospitality Symposium, Pastry Tasting & Panel Discussion and Speed Rack taking place April 26 to May 3 include a complimentary ticket to EAT! Vancouver at BC Place.