To celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday this Saturday July 1st, as food is what brings us all together, here are some celebratory iconic foods and where you can get them around the city, as well as some foodie events that feature some of the foods that make up Canadian cuisine.
Happy 150th birthday Canada!
Celebrating Canadian Food
- Coconama Chocolates – making candied salmon and dill chocolate
- Lee’s Donuts: Special Canada Day donut!
- Bison Corn Dogs at Timber on Robson
- Duck Corn Dogs at Parallel 49 Street Kitchen
- Beavertails at Parallel 49 Street Kitchen
- Ricky’s Canada Day $1.50 pancakes (at all locations until July 1)
- Canadian Maple and Bacon Macarons at Soirette Macaron
- Maple Sugar Pie at Flying Pig restaurants
Celebrating Canada Foodie Events
- Pancake breakfast at the Steveston Salmon Festival July 1 6:30-11:30am
- Pancake breakfast at Canada Place July 2 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- The Lions Club’s popular pancake breakfast on Grand Boulevard before the parade in North Vancouver
- Fort Langley Lions Club Pancake Breakfast 8am -10am
- Steveston Salmon Festival famous salmon barbecue where over 1200 pounds of wild salmon filets are grilled over open fire pits. This popular treat sells out every year! $16 per plate. Starts at 12 noon.
- Lobster Man Cookout 10am – 4pm The Lobster Man, Mast Tower Road on Granville Island
Look for many more exciting events happening all over the city on Canada Day.
By: Richard Wolak