This charity fundraiser was to benefit Canuck Place, The Globe in your Glass was a tasting with many ‘new world’ wines being poured from all over the world. The Great Estates of the Okanagan executive chef Roger Planiden will showcase food pairings.
Wines and vintners showcased from the following countries:
They travelled all the way from the Southern Hemisphere!
- Banrock Station (Australia)
- Barossa Valley Estate (Australia)
- Hardys wines (Australia)
- Kim Crawford (New Zealand)
- Monkey Bay (New Zealand)
From the United States
- Clos Du Bois (California)
- Hogue Cellars (Washington)
- Ravenswood (California)
- Robert Mondavi Winery (California)
- Simi (California)
- Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi (California)
And from here in British Columbia:
- Inniskillin Okanagan Estate
- Jackson-Triggs Okanagan Estate
- Nk’Mip Cellars
- Osoyoos Larose
- See Ya Later Ranch
- Sumac Ridge Estate Winery
The event was a great success, I had a great time mingling with other foodies and wine experts at the Media Tasting event that took place as a preview to this well attended event at the Pan Pacific on October 28th.
By: Richard Wolak