Top-notch restaurants and winemakers gather under one roof when Vancouver magazine’s Big Night returns for its seventh year at the dazzling Jewel Ballroom on Friday, February 8, 2013. At this annual food and drink extravaganza, chefs from Restaurant Award-winning rooms serve dishes created to pair with the Best of Category wines from Vancouver Magazine’s International Wine Competition.
This year’s stellar restaurant line-up of the city’s top rooms includes:
• Blue Water Café + Raw Bar
• Cactus Club Café
• La Quercia
• Memphis Blues BBQ Restaurant
• Vancouver magazine’s Restaurant of the Year: Hawksworth
These specially crafted dishes range from luxurious seafood to rich meats to light-as-air dessert—and they shine even brighter when paired with sips from the magazine’s 2013 Wine Awards. The featured wines include:
• Best of Show Winner/Best Rich White: Devil’s Lair Margaret River Chardonnay 2009
• Best Medium White: Evans & Tate Metricup Road Chardonnay 2009
• Best Light White: La Chablisienne La Pierrelée 2010
• Best Rich Red: Painted Rock Estate Syrah 2009
• Best Medium Red: Castello di Gabbiano Chianti Classico Riserva 2008
• Best Light Red: Castello do Gabbiano Chianti Classico 2008
• Best Rosé: Marqués de Cáceres Rosado 2011
• Best Sparkling: Lanson Black Label Brut Champagne
• Best Dessert Wine: Mission Hill Family Reserve Riesling Icewine 2011
• Best Fortified: González Byass Nutty Solera Oloroso
The evening also includes a raffle benefitting Les Dames d’Escoffier, who will be hosting a once in a lifetime dinner for 8 with expertly paired wines for one lucky ticket holder.
Tickets are just $99 and are selling fast, so get yours today. Don’t miss out on the dining event of the year. Visit vanmag.com/big_night_2013 for details and ticket information.