The second branch of this popular Turkish Bakery and Café opened recently in Kitsilano and I was invited in to try almost all of their baking and some of their drinks.
1) Aspendos — Smoked Salmon Simit bagel sandwich is very good.
2) Soft bagel filled with cinnamon and apple
3) Tahini Swirl pastry one of my favourites.
4) Stuffed bagel with olives and mozzarella and warmed up, one of my favourites.
5) Su Bourek pastry layered with feta and parsley, another favourite.
6) Bourek filled with spinach and feta, so good.
7) Pogacha baked with black olives inside.
8) Turkish Coffee, loved this
9) Turkish Tea, very good.
10) Revani, delicious sweet dessert, one of my favourites.
11) Baklava (pistachio roll), another favourite
12) Chocolate Eclair filled with custard, another favourite.
13) San Sebastian Cheesecake, burnt basque style, light and yummy, one of my favourites
By: Richard Wolak