On Friday October 22nd, I attended The Vancouver Aquarium’s 4th annual Toast to the Coast that featured many of Vancouver’s top restaurants, chefs and wineries serving their food and wine.
With 500 guests mingling and tasting, the festivities were in bloom, DJ Leanne spinning with jazzy beats made for a magical evening.
My favourite dishes of the evening were the:
- Flaming Prawns from Provence
- Westcoast Seafood Ceviche from Fishworks
- Smoked Lois Lake Steelhead Salmon from Trafalgar’s Bistro
- Vegetarian Flatbread from Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co
- Wild sockeye salmon with cauliflower puree from Pourhouse
Food and Wine is what this is event is about and most important—the greater social conscience that has made Toast to the Coast one of the Aquarium’s top fundraising events in support of its conservation and education programs.
By: Richard Wolak