Italian food, from the Corsi family to yours.
For the Corsis, owners of Vancouver’s popular Quattro restaurants, the most important things in life are sharing simple meals with friends, cooking with fresh ingredients, drinking joyously, and living with abbondanza (Italian for abundance and a passion for life). In their first cookbook, Mangia with Quattro,. A collection they’ve amassed over the years in addition to their own personal anecdotes and experiences, Mangia with Quattro includes some of the Corsis’ favorite recipes from their restaurants, as well as the simple and satisfying dishes they enjoy at home with their families.
Mangia with Quattro is organized like an à la carte restaurant menu and includes a section on Italian pantry basics, which includes recipes for Brodo di Vitello (veal stock), Ragu (meat sauce), and Pasta Fatta in Casa (homemade pasta dough). Yielding six to eight ample servings, these recipes are meant to be enjoyed family style with the people you care about. So turn up the music, round up your friends and family, and prepare beautiful meals together.
Bring the abbondanza of Quattro into your own kitchen with recipes like:
• Cannellini Beans Silvana (Fagioli alla Silvana )
• Radicchio Salad with Goat Cheese (Radicchio e Caprino)
• Zucchini and Fennel Soup (Zuppa di Finocchio)
• Scallops with Prawn Vanilla Bean Bisque (Ventaglio Vanigliato)
• Glutton’s Fettuccine (Fettuccine Ghiottone)
• Lamb Sausage and Asiago Cheese Risotto Balls (Suppli alla Salsiccia)
• Roast Pork Tenderloin with Grappa and Sun-Dried Cherries (Filetto di Maiale alla Grappa)
• Tripe with Pancetta (Trippa alla Maenzana)
• Red Wine Sorbet with Honey Tuiles (Sorbetto al Vino Rosso)
Buy the book here
Now for The Contest
What is the most important ingredient that you will find in every recipe in this book?
The first person to answer the question correctly in the comments below will win the book. The winner will be announced via twitter and posted on this page.
Fine Print: Contest will run until someone answers the question correctly. You must enter your full name, Twitter or Email address and register with your email address when entering the contest.
Congratulations Katherine Chu @KatherineKW for winning the contest.