On February 20th we presented the 2nd Annual downtown edition of Tasting Plates Vancouver event that showcased 9 restaurants, cafes, & food trucks.
The evening began inside of Vancouver Fanclub where guests registered and picked up their Tasting Plates Cards and then enjoyed listening to Musician Gio Levy. Guests were treated to a Tasting Plate at Vancouver Fanclub then dispersed to the various participating restaurants to taste a multitude of dishes representing many different types of cuisine that included savoury and sweet!
Vancouver Fanclub MENU
1) Hickory Smoked Spiced Chicken Wings:
Low smoked grilled wings with choice of barbeque or honey garlic sauce.
2) Mac & Cheese:
Macaroni with smoked cheddar cheese, topped with in-house smoked pulled pork.
3) Warm Mini Donuts:
Prepared in-house and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Drizzled with a chocolate Kahlua sauce.
1) Slow roasted beer braised beef taquitos.
2) Pulled achiote chicken and spinach flautists wrapped in blue corn tortillas.
3) Crispy quinoa and corn fritters with charred cherry tomato and zucchini mojo.
Pink Elephant Thai MENU
1) Alberni mango wrap
2) Shrimp ball
3) Green curry chicken with noodles
4) Larb pork with crispy wontons
Betty on Burrard MENU
1) To Die For Banana Bread (https://twitter.com/erinireland) + Spiked Coffee
2) Delish Gluten Free (https://twitter.com/delishgf) + Spiked Coffee
Soho Road MENU
1) Butter Chicken Naan Kebab
2) Mixed Vegetable Subji
3) Tandoori Chicken
4) Hariali Chicken
Zacharys on Robson MENU
1) Potato Bites
3 cajun dusted potato balls infused with maple smoked bacon, red onion,
cheddar cheese & fresh dill. Ranch sauce to dip
2) Mighty Meatballs
3 citrus tinged meatballs dipped in an unforgettable Moroccan BBQ sauce
3) Scallops Poutine
Fries topped with scallops simmered in a tomato sauce and garnished with
parmesan cheese and savory gravy.
Le Tigre Food Truck MENU
a sample plate of Beet Fries, Brussel sprout Cauliflower Salad, and Miso Chowder
Red Card Sports Bar + eatery MENU
1) Poutine Italiano
2) Margherita Flatbread
3) Italian Sausage Flatbread
Soirette Macaron & Tea MENU
1) Coconut and Braised Pear Mousse Macaron dessert
2) Pink Grapefruit & Jasmine Tea Pâte de Fruit
3) Thyme Sablé
The restaurants, cafes and food trucks featured many unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the evening both inside and outside.
Thank you to our photographer Alvin Lee for capturing the night so well (see more photos here)
By: Richard Wolak