I went to a lot of different food and wine events during 2009 and these are the standouts of the year.
1) Coast Restaurant Opening party was the best restaurant opening of the year.
2) Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder Chowdown was the most entertaining event at the coolest venue that brought together some of the cities best chefs and restaurants to support a great organization.
3) A Night with Theo Chocolate was the most unique event of the year that brought together foodies and wine connoisseurs.
4) A Night of Don Julio Tequilas was one of the most exciting consumer events that paired great food from the Goldfish Pacific Kitchen chefs.
5) The Globe in your Glass one of the best wine events that brought together consumers and the twittering wine trade.
6) Canada’s First Ever Beer Inspired Mixology Competition brought together some of the top Bartenders in the area in competition
7) A Night of Urban Grains at Bishops was one of the most educational menu tasting events at a Vancouver restaurant that brought together some of Vancouver’s foodie media folk and the founders of Urban Grains.
By: Richard Wolak