Brunch is a favourite past time shared by many and should be an extraordinary experience one that you will cherish. Vancouver has some wonderful places for you to indulge in brunch. Each of the places is unique in what they offer along with the type of service and selection of dishes. I am on a journey around the city to find these extraordinary places.
Brunch at Market by Jean-Georges is located in the Shangri-La Hotel in Vancouver.
There Brunch is $35 Prix Fixe that includes your choice of two plates and a dessert.
I had a sampling of several of their dishes as I was invited in.
Dishes that I ate included:
- Dungeness Crab Toast, Lemon Aioli
- Spot Prawns Sashimi with Green Chili, Pistachio and Mint
- Roasted Carrots and Avocado Salad, Crunchy Seeds, Sour Cream and Citrus
- French Toast, Caramelized Apples, Bacon
- Short Rib Poutine, Poached Egg, Arugula, Fontina Cheese
- Mushroom Pizza
- Chocolate Pudding, Softly Whipped Cream, Crystallized Violets
- Strawberry-Yuzu Tart, Lemongrass and Caramel Brulé
My thoughts – My favourite dishes from the ones that I ate were the Roasted Carrots and Avocado Salad, Crunchy Seeds, Sour Cream and Citrus; French Toast, Caramelized Apples, Bacon; Short Rib Poutine; Mushroom Pizza and I loved the Chocolate Pudding, Softly Whipped Cream, Crystallized Violets.
Style: PRIX FIXE
Attire: Smart Casual
Time: Brunch is offered 11:30am – 3pm on Sundays
Browse the Brunch Menu
Market by Jean-Georges
1115 Alberni Street, Vancouver
For Reservations, please call 604-695-1115
Stay tuned to the next part of Brunch in Vancouver.
By: Richard Wolak