Il Centro Italian Cultural Centre is featuring a line-up of monthly dinners exploring different regions of Italy throughout the winter and spring culminating with a Taste of Italy gala in June.
I attended their first dinner in the series recently which explored the cuisine of Tuscany where Chef Jackson Noah created some wonderful dishes.
The first dish was served to the table which was the Croistini di Fegato (chicken liver pate). Following the appetizer, we all visited the buffet to enjoy the following menu.
- Panzanella (Salad with Crusty Bread, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Olives)
- Insalata di tonno alla toscana (Salad with Tuna, Tomatoes, Green Onion, White Beans)
- Pappardelle con ragù di coniglio (Fresh Egg Pasta with Hare Meat Ragu)
- Risotto alla toscana (Risotto with Ground Beef, Chicken Gizzard, Tomatoes)
- Lingua al dragoncello (Beef Tongue in Terragon Sauce)
- Salsiccia con fagioli all’uccelletto (Mild Italian Sausage with Tomato and White Bean Stew)
Dessert was served to each guest at their table to end the dinner, Castagnaccio (spiced chestnut torte with pine nuts raisins and whipped ricotta).
The next dinners in the series are as follows:
- February 21: Taste of Sardegna
- March 20: Taste of Emilia- Romagna
- April 24: Taste of Campania
- May 29: Taste of Liguria
- June 26: Taste of Italy
Each of the buffet dinners cost $42 per person, and you can purchase your tickets here.
By: Richard Wolak