On October 6 we presented our 12th edition of Tasting Plates Vancouver event that showcased 8 restaurants, cafes and a food truck in the West 4th neighborhood between Burrard and Vine in Vancouver. This Tasting Plates edition was the highlight event of the Feast of 4th celebration!
The restaurant hosted two tasting sessions at 4:30 pm and 5pm for guests to see Chef Marco make the pizzas, guests were then treated to a selection of pizza slices.
O5 RARE TEA BAR
1. Premium fresh ground matcha shot
2. Ghorka Kombucha tea
3. Jamaica candied hibiscus flower
ROMER’S BURGER BAR
1) The standard with aged cheddar.
Heritage farms angus beef, vibe ripened tomatoes, crisp iceberg, sweet onions, house made spicy pickles. Served on our signature brioche bun and “R” sauce.
2) Magic Mushroom
Heritage farms angus beef, sautéed onions and Portobello mushrooms, organic arugula and house made aioli. Served on our signature brioche bun and topped with creamy Boursin.
3) SoCal Turkey Burger
Organic fraser valley house made turkey patty with soliagiatti tomatoes, avocado, red onions and watercress. Served on our signature brioche bun with chipotle aioli.
1) Chips & Salsa (home-made)
2) Cochinita Pibil Tostada
3) Chicken Taquito
4) Scallop Ceviche
GUANACO FOOD TRUCK
1) Hand-made tortilla filled with pork chicharrón* or ground chicken, vegetables, cheese, loroco and savory refried black beans.
2) Pupusas and pieces of fried cassava
3) Vegetarian Tasting Plate we will offer bean and cheese, zucchini and cheese or just plain cheese with loroco.
-Queso Y Frijoles/Cheese & Bean -Ayote/Zucchini
-Queso/Cheese & Loroco
1) Braised short ribs
2) Finnochio Sausage
3) Split pea and Jackson’s Irish ham Soup
2) Espresso Macchiato
3 types of gluten free goodies
1) Baguette that we are serving is with house made raspberry chia jam
2) White chocolate and honey pecan brittle cookie with Maldon sea salt
3) Chocolate raspberry financier
1) Falafel (home-made with Chick pea, soybean, lentil plus spices
2) Mixed salad
4) Pita bread
The restaurants featured many unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the evening.
Thank you to our photographer Alvin Lee for capturing the night so well (see more photos here).
By: Richard Wolak