On September 18th, we presented our 11th edition of Tasting Plates Vancouver event that showcased 7 restaurants, cafes and food trucks in the Mount Pleasant and False Creek neighborhood of Vancouver.
It was an exciting night of tasting all sorts of food including Peruvian and Filipino a first for both cuisines in our Tasting Plates events. One of the hidden gems of the night was Chef Tim’s soups, if you weren’t at this event and haven’t tried his soup, you best visit for some soup soon.
MILANO COFFEE ROASTERS
1) Truffle Shot- consist of a single pour of la futura, winner of the Italian Gold Medal – the Medaglia d’oro. Added to it, our special concoction resulting in a satisfying taste sensation similar to that of a high quality chocolate truffle. Sure to please even those that thought they ‘didn’t like espresso’.
2) Stovetop – ‘Our Version’. Long shot of Calabreze espresso. This espresso is a house favorite- rustic Italian! Finished with Milano Coffee’s ‘liquid gold’ and cream. Something to take with you!
1) Local wild salmon sliders, salsa criolla, Aji Amarillo aioli.
2) Quinoa salad: Quinoa, mango, avocado, roasted red pepper, red onion, cilantro-huacatay dressing. (V)
3) Rocoto dusted house made potato chips. (V)
1) Cream of Chicken and Mushroom with Sun-dried Tomatoes
2) Curried Coconut Pumpkin Bisque with Cashews (vegan and gluten-free)
BONCHAZ BAKERY CAFÉ
1) Original Bonchaz Bun
2) Apple Cinnamon Bonchaz Bun
3) Mini Vegan Sandwich
URBAN FARE (FALSE CREEK)
1) Curry chicken crostini.
2) Prosciutto melon skewer
3) Coconut Gouda drizzled with dark Callebaut chocolate.
Wine pairing with Blasted Church wines
FLIP TOP FILIPINO FUSION TRUCK
1) Lumpia – Filipino traditional spring roll. Deep fried locally sourced vegetables wrapped in thin rice rolls. Served with a kalamansi sweet chili sauce.
2) Bbq Pork Skewer – Fliptop’s banana ketchup marinade, Fresh cilantro, grated radish, Garlic Aioli, Nori seaweed.
3) The Pacman Pandesal Sliders – Hawaiian pickled red cabbage, carrot strings, hoisin mayo, crispy leeks. Roasted garlic aioli.
LE TIGRE CUISINE FOOD TRUCK
1) Seafood Miso Chowder
The restaurants featured many unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the evening.
Thank you to our photographer Alvin Lee for capturing the night so well (see more photos here).
By: Richard Wolak