On July 23rd we presented our 10th edition of Tasting Plates Vancouver event that showcased 7 restaurants, and cafes in the Lower Lonsdale neighborhood in North Vancouver.
CAFÉ FOR CONTEMPORARY ART
A La Vida
– Panco breaded basa, salsa roja, pumpkin mole, guacamole, onions & cilantro, creamy coleslaw
– Spicy roasted yam, pumpkin mole, goat feta, habanero mango salsa, guacamole, lettuce
Thai Iced Latte
– Espresso, whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, cardamom and kaffir lime leaf-infusion
Hibiscus Iced Tea
– Caffeine-free. Lightly sweetened, hint of lime.
2) Tuna on watermelon
1) Patat Friet in a paper cone (V)
1) Chorizo Tapas
2) Spicy Shrimp Pinxo
1) Braised country lamb.
2) Prawns in tomato feta ouzo sauce.
3) Spanakopita (V)
4) Pita with Taramosalata (Greek caviar) (V)
GUSTO DI QUATTRO
1) ORI-TALIAN inspired noodle salad, roasted tomatoes, capers balsamic & pickled vegetables served in a pagoda box with crispy parmesan wontons (V)
PIER 7 RESTAURANT
1) PIER 7 Seafood Taster
Tuna Gomae, west coast oyster with horseradish & mignonette, herb marinated prawn with basil crema
2) PIER 7 Vegetarian Taster’
Chick pea puree, ratatouille, fried chick peas and riata yogurt sauce.
The restaurants featured many unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the evening both inside and outside on the patio.
By: Richard Wolak