I revisited The Apron recently for dinner to taste some of the new summer dishes that Executive Chef Hamid Salimian has created. Since I was dining solo, Chef created this Tasting Menu for me portioned accordingly.
To Start, off the Bar snacks menu:
- Puffed Piggy Puffs and Stella
- Triple Decker Fois Gras Sandwich
- Puffed Mac & Cheese
- Cotton Candy Pizza
Cilantro sugar and Lemons from the Philippines as a palate cleanser was refreshing.
On the table for the Mains:
- Sweet Pea Soup with sweat peas grown on a Richmond farm.
- Citrus Cured Sunshine Coast Sturgeon a playful garden on the plate.
- Miles’ Tomato and Blown Mozzarella the flavourful salad was hidden under the globe!
- Haida Gwaii Razor Clam with local fava beans.
- Pacific Provider Salmon
- Queen Charlotte Sablefish w/ tomato eggplant stew
- Roasted Quebec Fois Gras with walnut and pomegranite purée
On the table for Dessert:
Cherry Lane Rhubarb Tart with strawberries and sour cream sorbet
Each dish was well presented and all were good, my favourite dishes were the Sweet Pea Soup, Miles’ Tomato and Blown Mozzarella, Pacific Provider Salmon, Queen Charlotte Sablefish and the Cherry Lane Rhubarb Tart.
I have dined at The Apron on a few occasions previously, see one of my previous visits here.
The Apron Restaurant is located inside the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel at 3099 Corvette Way, Richmond.
You can reserve online or phone them at 604-303-6565
By: Richard Wolak