I went to a lot of different food and wine events during 2010 and these are the standouts of the year.
1)Q4 al Centro Opening was the best restaurant opening of the year.
2)Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder Chowdown was the most entertaining event at the coolest venue that brought together some of the cities best chefs, restaurants and breweries.
3) Joe Fortes 25th Anniversary Party was one of the most glamerous events of 2010 with delicious food and great music.
4) 2010 Gold Medal Plates was the most amazing wine and gastronomic experiences.
5) Waldorf Hotel Opening was the most fun opening of the year with amazing music, performance art and more.
6) Top Table Group Trifecta Anniversary was one of the most elegant celebrations with outstanding food and wine.
7) Mystery Kitchen Tour Encore was the most unique fundraiser for the Chefs Table Society
8) Vancouver Foodster 1 Yr Anniversary Party was the most exciting anniversary event for foodies in the city.
9) Dinner on the Floating Dining Room was the most unique dining experience I have ever had created by a visionary, Shannon Ronalds.
10) Summer Splash at Goldfish was the most fun event of 2010 with delicious food and festivities.
11) A Night at the Aquarium was the most incredible evening of food from some of Vancouver’s finest chefs and wine in the city’s most spectacular venue.
12) Red Cross Red Carpet Soiree was the most awesome fundraiser serving outstanding seafood.
Note: The above events are ranked by date from the most recent.
By: Richard Wolak